I'm sitting here in beautiful Stowe, Vermont at the Trapp Family Lodge. You may have heard of the Von Trapps. The did a little singing and escaping from Nazis in their day. Sitting in an arm chair looking out the window at a beautiful mountain morning is so peaceful. The birds are singing and all is pretty quiet- Ryan and I are the only ones up.
[side note-Ryan just came over and asked for a kiss and hug- what a sweet morning.]
Yesterday we went through the lodge and looked at some real family photos of the Von Trapps. It's funny, I guess I have a picture in my head of Maria looking like Julie Andrews. She doesn't! She is a much harder, tougher looking lady. It was almost surprising with every new picture. I kept looking for a resemblance to the petite, beautiful Julie Andrews- it wasn't there. If someone made a movie about me I wonder if I would want someone who looks similar to me to play the part or if I would want someone who is very beautiful and risk people being disappointed when they saw a picture of the real me. Then I got to thinking for Maria the voice was really the most important part. That is definitely not the case for me! I guess for a movie it doesn't really matter what the real people look like as long as you capture their essence.
Ryan would like to read a story now and I would REALLY like to change his diaper now, so I will have to stop thinking of my life as a movie- hehe- and get back to reality.



6 comments:
Vermont huh. Any chance you'll be driving through MA on your way home?
:)
HEY, UP THERE! :)Glad you are having a good time!
Sounds like fun!! Wish I was somewhere lovely and cool right now!
Talk about SLOW-re-me... this is the third time I've been here since you posted this and I just NOT got the joke in the title...
oy.
I LOVE the joke in the title, and I think Erin is pretty clever all on her own with her SLOW-re-mi.
So next time I see Ryan I might be able to coax a hug and a kiss from him? How cool. Have a good time. Love y'all!
the "NOT" shoudl have read "NOW"... bad typer.. sorry! ;)
Post a Comment