I wasn't sure how I felt about that Laps for Learning thing. Now I think that it is definitely a good idea for the school. It was hard for us to ask people to support Zach's run/walk, but people were very receptive. Given that Jay and I were both hesitant to put people on the spot we only asked Zach's family. People were so generous and didn't seem to think it was imposing. The total pledged for Zach's walk was $200! We have never sold that much worth of stuff when the school does those fundraisers. The best part is that this way 100% of the money goes directly to the school. A little bit goes toward prizes for the kids who participated, but there were also some great donations for prizes. I think the prizes motivate the kids(or parents) to raise money too. The people coordinating it are all volunteers and they are using the school track, so they don't need to rent a space. I don't know how other kids did with their fundraising, but from our standpoint this fundraiser was a huge success.
Thanks mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Dunning, TJ, Elizabee, John and Ben for supporting Zach and his school! You guys ROCK!



1 comment:
WOW. That's fabulous. Congratulations on a successful fundraiser.
Post a Comment