Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2005

I should be ashamed of myself

But I'm actually kind of proud. We went to the mall today to pick up the pictures from Thursday. I wanted to get a little, dare I say it, Christmas shopping(okay I admit I have fallen victim to the Christmas machine) done while we were there. I know it's not even Halloween, but I figure I should get an early start. Especially this year with the baby due in February. Who knows how much I will want to go shopping with people bumping into my wide load and my back hurting from all the weight of the bags, the boy, the winter coats and the belly. The more I write about it the more I just want to order everything from the internet and have it come to me! We did pretty well. We got a huge bag full of toys for the boys and only spent about $75. That's decent in my book. I thought sure it would be over $100. I was dreading the total. That's a decent start to the holiday shopping season. The boys are easy though. Now I have to really start looking for extended family. Then there are Kris Kringles for the extended-extended families, but we don't even know those yet, so I can't start thinking about those. I also have to update our wish lists and add one for Sweet Pea. There is this really sweet bear snuggly outfit that mommy saw at Old Navy that Sweet Pea(read-mommy) really wants. It's so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The other good thing about shopping early is the reduction of 'sticker shock' - or at least the spreading out of it! The baby bear snuggly is adorable. I hope Swet Pea finds it in her stocking! ;)