Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year! and the Big Boy Bed

We are home from our New Years Party at Erin and Tom's house. What? Your New Year hasn't started yet? Well we had our official New Years toast and mine has started. We had a fun time. They are a great couple for us. Lots of common interests and similarities. We played some games. I rediscovered that I don't really like Apples to Apples, but had fun while I was playing it anyway. We played some Catch Phrase, which is a new one on our favorites list. We just generally had a really good time. Jay and I were talking about starting a monthly game night...Erin? So Happy New Year to all(even if you didn't have the toddler version of New Years Eve).

This new year is off to an interesting start. Ryan is going to sleep in his big boy bed right now. We set it up almost a week ago and every nap and bedtime we ask if he wants to go to sleep in his crib or his big boy bed. Every time he has chosen the crib(though he likes to show off his big boy bed). I had come to expect this answer and was quite shocked when he wanted his big boy bed. Jay is being the good daddy and sitting in his room with him to make him feel comfortable in his new bed right now. I was in there for about an hour, but he doesn't go to sleep when I'm in the room for some reason. I can't wait to see how this works out.

3 comments:

Joan S. said...

We loved our monthly game nights way back when...I'd love to have friends to share that kind of fun again. I hope you can work it out and share similar good times with your friends, too.

I'm looking forward to hearing how Ryan's first night in the Big Boy Bed was, too. Sleep tight, sweet boy.

Erin said...

Game night! Yes! Let's do it!

Erin said...

Congrats to Ryan on the big boy bed! I hope it goes well. We aren't even trying to transition Callie yet. In fact, we just ordered a new crib for her that will change into a toddler bed later. And congrats to you for being willing to make the transition before Sweet Pea arrives! :)