Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Little Einsteins

Ryan has a new favorite show, Little Einsteins. It's a great little show. He gets to learn about music and is exposed to art. Since I know nothing more about music than I learned in elementary school chorus class(which wasn't much) I can't teach him these things. Jay has lots of musical knowledge, but he has limited time with the kids and he doesn't tend to spend it teaching music lessons. By watching Little Einsteins Ryan and I are both learning. It really presents the music in a fun way. The 4 kids on the show go on an adventure every week- they follow the sounds of different instruments, help things go faster (allegro) or slower (adagio) by clapping to the beat and lots of other fun stuff. Did you like the musical knowledge I threw in that last sentence? I learned that from the show :-) Maybe every other adult out there knows these things, but like I said- no music lessons here. I can't even read music, but maybe I'll learn along with Ryan :-)
So how do I know it's Ryan's new favorite? He has not been going down easily for naps since his sickness. In a last ditch effort (I had tried everything I knew to do) to get him to nap yesterday I promised him he could watch Little Einsteins AFTER his nap. He laughed and said, "Little Einsteims!" I left the room and he went to sleep. Today I started with that strategy at nap time. He reacted in the same way. He went down for his nap with out a peep. Another reason I can tell he loves it is that he asks to watch it again as soon as it's over. He will sometimes ask for another show when one finishes, but he has never asked to watch the same thing twice in a row. This has been a consistent request when we watch it, so it wasn't a fluke. He also sings the theme song. So cute!

4 comments:

Claire said...

This is also Isaac's new favorite show. He calls it "Wye-stye" or simply "Rocket!!!!" He could watch this show, if we were to let him, for hours and hours on end. Lucky for him we have collected 6 or so episodes on the TiVo and are burning them to DVD for our long car ride home.

I agree with you that I think the show has a really great approach for teaching kids about art and music, though I get a little annoyed sometimes that they seem to use the same classical music excerpts for more than one episode. Maybe that's good for Ryan and Isaac, though, for the repetition?

Anonymous said...

Yay for educational TV! ...and for smart mommies! ;)

love you.

Erin said...

I do the same thing with Callie! I tell her if she goes to sleep for her naptime then she can watch Cinderella (her fave right now) when she gets up. It works EVERY TIME. Great mamas' minds think alike! :)

snarflemarfle said...

Good for you that you're both learning!

I've been told that TC and I are going to have to get this for our little one. With me having majored in flute performance in college and TC also a band nerd, this one will not be able to avoid being exposed to lots of music.

And we're not buying special classical baby CDs. I have plenty of classical music in my library at home!