Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 16, 2005

The Peace of Solitude

I went shopping today while Jay's mom watched Ryan. Somehow even Christmas shopping seems easier than any shopping with a toddler. I have to say I truly appreciate the Mom-to-be parking at the mall! With my leg hurting and carrying my current load plus 5 bags it was nice to be parked near an entrance. I still think there should be parent-with-small-infant parking, but I guess you can't have everything.

I went out to buy extended family gifts and one or two gifts for Ryan to even him up with Zach, but I ended up getting the boys more stuff and spending way too much money. Blast Target and their toy section! At least I had a gift card for a good chunk of it.

I rather enjoyed shopping by myself. It was easy getting in and out of the car. I could hit multiple stores and stay out for hours. I stopped and got some Chic-fil-a for lunch(mmmmm) and I didn't even mind sitting at the table eating alone. I used to always want people around, but I guess being a mom means I always have people around, so I welcome the solitude. I've noticed that even when I'm home alone there is a certain peace that only comes when I'm alone and it's quiet.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Amen! ;)

Mari said...

You know every mom out there "gets" that post. You can simultaneously adore your child and long for solitude...just for an hour or two. Or four ;)

Anonymous said...

I think married women 'get it', too. We LOVE our husbands, but now and again some solitude is marvelous. I'm *certain* they feel they same way.