Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 09, 2006

2nd Baby Slacker

I have been a total slacker with this pregnancy. No pregnancy yoga(though that didn't last long the first time either), no playing classical music to my belly every day, no taking extra care to eat healthy, no reading "What to Expect when You're Expecting" monthly(if not weekly). I feel really bad. It's not like I want to cheat this baby, but I just feel so busy all the time. You know too busy to exercise, too busy to look for that CD Player and the silly adapter so I can use it, too busy to make good food=eating whatever is handy...you get the gist. If this baby doesn't turn out as smart as Ryan I'm totally going to blame myself for failing to form those synapses when she was in-utero. In an effort to not totally fail my unborn child I suggested Baby Mozart when Ryan wanted to watch a movie this evening. He happily agreed. It's good to bring back an old favorite every now and then. I put on the surround sound and sat down right in what Jay calls the 'premium listening area'. I put up my feet and just chilled while the movie was on instead of picking up/doing dishes/ making dinner or otherwise using the time for general keeping up purposes. I was justly rewarded by 20 minutes of a dancing belly. It was the biggest movement and longest duration of any of Sweet Pea's dance parties. I think she liked it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No judgement coming from me -- I know how hard it was to take care of a home with ONE child. You have two, and a dog and a much bigger house to keep up. For your sake you might want to start those pelvic floor exercises, though. No poin t being in labor longer than necessary!

BTW, I think you were smart to give Sweet Pea a Baby Mozart treat. It was probably good fpr both of you! Love you.

One Tweet Thing said...

:)

snarflemarfle said...

My baby did the same thing today on the way to work. Just kicked and bounced and pushed...except it was to my Garth Brooks CD!

Anonymous said...

Garth Brooks! Woohoo! I'll dance to that...

RB said...

Gah, I totally understand what you are saying. Sweet Pea and Bella will be fine I am sure!

Claire said...

I think it's natural to feel like a slacker with this baby (I know I feel guilty for not doing things I did when I was carrying Isaac), but what can you do? You some other demanding folks on your plate right now. I console myself most days in thinking that Isaac and I listen to music a lot, and that I sing to him a lot, and that I am taking my vitamins like a good girl. The only thing that's really different is that Mike doesn't get as much of a chance to talk to my belly as he did with Isaac...but we still have a few weeks, right? ;)