Monday, January 02, 2006
Big Boy Bed Update
Ryan has continued to choose sleeping in his big boy bed since New Years Eve. He has done fairly well. It took him less time to get comfortable last night, but it still took quite a while(and daddy coming in to take mommy's place) for him to go to sleep. It has not solved his waking in the middle of the night issues, but they are definitely not getting worse. Each night he has only cried once. I was happy to find that he stayed in his bed and cried just as he would have if he was in his crib. I was worried about him wondering around in a sleepy stupor. I padded the floor around his bed in case he falls out, but he has not fallen yet. Well, he did fall this morning because he lost his balance on the pillow used for the padding- maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Perhaps I should switch it for a blanket today. I think I'll feel better with at least some padding for now. He has woken up in a good mood both days despite being up later than usual. All in all I'd say the big boy bed has been a success so far.



3 comments:
Congratulations to Ryan on sleeping all night in his Big Boy Bed. I wish it was known *why* he continues to wake up at night...have you been able to get him an appointment with his doctor to check his ears? It is possible the tugging has become habit, but it would be helpful to know if his infection is fully cleared up. I hope he goes back to sleeping all night SOON.
Love you.
Was he waking up during the night before the big boy bed? We have been having a lot of trouble with Beaux and his sleeping. I think it is because his father insists on going in there and getting him up if he cries. The pediatrician says thats the problem anyway. Sigh. I am thinking of doing the big boy bed a few weeks after we move so that it is not two big transitions right on top of each other.
Yes, He used to sleep through the night. Then he started getting all these ear infections and it totally ruined his sleep habits. He will finally get back to sleeing through the night and bam he gets hit with another infection.
Post a Comment