Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 13, 2006

Check up- almost 34 weeks

My check up went well today. Some of you know I had to take the 3 hour glucose tolerance test yesterday. Note to anyone who is taking the 1 hour test. DO NOT EAT before it! The doctor's notes said it was fine to eat before the 1 hour test...phooey. If you do eat make sure there is plenty of time before you go in for the test. I ate a nutrigrain bar about an hour before. I failed(just marginally, but close doesn't count) so I had to sit in the lab waiting room for 3 hours and get stuck 4 times. All because of a nutrigrain bar. Blah. Well, I passed my 3 hour test, so that's good. No gestational diabetes. The rest of the appointment was pretty routine. My belly is measuring 34 which is right on target. The baby is head down and her heartbeat is good. All my "symptoms" are "normal." I am the heaviest I've been in all my life, including the day I delivered Ryan. I guess throwing up everything for the whole first trimester does have its benefits ;-) I am glad I didn't have to go through that this time. There are lots of things about this pregnancy that are different. I could be wrong, but I don't remember being this ready to get the baby out last time.

So it's a bit rambly, but that's my post about where I am with this pregnancy and my appointment today :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the glucose test results were favorable and the rest of your check-up went well.

It's all downhill from here! ;)

Claire said...

So glad to hear your 3 h GTT went well. Mine was the same story -- I was just barely over the limit for the 1 h test, likely because I ate breakfast. And for that, I got to look like an IV drug user for a few days from all the poking at the lab.

Also glad to hear SP is behaving herself. And I am SO with you about being ready for the baby to come! Are you as done with being pregnant as I am?

Anonymous said...

They told me not to eat 2-3 hours before. I had forgotten that I was getting the test done though. So I ate a couple of Reeses PB cups. I was soooo worried. But I came out okay anyway.
I am glad all is going well. I can't believe you are this close to meeting your little girl!

Mari said...

Oh, Jen! What a bummer...but at least you passed the big test. I'm sure a lot of wanting to get Sweet Pea out has to do with combining pregnancy with an active toddler and a 7-year-old.

Home stretch, Jen! Home stretch!