Some days are just not worth getting out of bed for. This has been one of those days. We were up late last night cleaning up yet another flood from our washing machine. Then we had to get up early this morning, Jay for work and me for Bible Study. It was so hard to get out of my nice comfy bed, especially since Ryan didn't seem to be awake. But I got up and got ready. Zach missed his bus which makes me late for my study. He is also upset since *I* didn't refill the pencil pouch he never gave me for school. It was a very dramatic morning (Zach is a very dramatic child). Then I got to lead a study on a somewhat controversial and hard to understand topic. I think that actually went fairly well, but I was nervous going in and worried that I was unclear or wrong during the discussion. Then I went to pick Ryan up from the childcare and found out that he had bumped his head. There was a huge knot forming and it is all discolored. He wouldn't stop crying even when I held him and this is highly unusual for him. He is a durable, crash and run kind of kid. Then the teacher said he had been yawning ever since he fell. He fell asleep in the car on the way home (about an hour or so before his nap time). So naturally I am worried about a concussion. I had to wake him up and make sure he was alert several times during his nap. He seems fine now, but I was a little stressed over the whole thing. He had a nice long nap. One good thing about it was after I checked on him a couple times I went and took a nap myself. I have been soooo tired lately. This of course means that I got NOTHING done around the house today. I'm going to try to take down the remainder of the Christmas stuff before my wonderful husband gets home with the dinner he offered to pick up when he heard about my morning.
**************Update***************
9:32 Ryan had finally stopped getting out of bed and/or crying. I'm so tired and worn out. Spent 20 minutes looking for Jay's books that got hidden by the boy's toy container. Then Jay went to a meeting and I have done everything (including the 1 1/2 hour bedtime process for Ryan) all by myself.
Hard. Day. Over. Looking forward to a new day tomorrow.



4 comments:
oh wow. That IS a bad day. I thought mine was bad because I wasted it just sitting around all day with the whiny WHINY toddler whiel waiting for the phone to ring. (it never did). But your day was definitely way worse! Hope tomorrow is better! :)
Hope you get to go to bed early! Some days its just better to let them end as quickly as possible.
I agree -- bad day. Hope tomorrow is better. I love you.
New day = one day closer to Sweet Pea!
I'm sorry today was rough, but glad to know Ryan has recovered. Now maybe a good night's sleep (here's hoping)will mean you have, too!
Post a Comment