Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pregnancy Update

Well let's see, I have a giant purple spot on the back of my right calf that turns out to be varicose veins(with what I think are spider veins as well, but that is unconfirmed by the doctor). Luckily it has stopped hurting for the most part. I've been trying to take it easy and not pick up Ryan as much. I think the extra 65 pound my body is not used to carrying had a lot to do with the spot developing. I think it was mostly due to the time I was in a huge hurry and ran(as much as a 6 month pregnant lady can run with a 30lb toddler in her arms) about 1/8th of a mile. It appeared right after that, but has been aggravated by carrying Ryan around and standing for long periods of time. Hopefully the ugly spot will go away on it's own in a couple months. I'm really glad it's not a summer pregnancy this time and I get to wear pants over it.
In more recent events I've been having annoying contractions just about every time I stand up. They are not painful at all. I am definitely not in labor and maybe not even close. I had these kind of contractions pretty regularly for at least a week before I had Ryan. They just annoy me this time because the contractions push on my already restricted bladder. So, just about every time I stand up it means, you guessed it, a trip to the bathroom with my legs squeezed together. Man I wish we had a bathroom on the main level- I have to go up or down stairs every time.
Other random complaints- I have not been sleeping well, the baby's bottom is pushing painfully into my ribs, I've been downing Tums like candy because the acid does not want to stay in my stomach- it much prefers my throat and I'M HUGE.
So the pregnancy is really great ;-) Seriously, we are very blessed to be having this baby and I know it. Everything that really matters has been such a blessing. We are so pleased to have this little girl on the way! All the temporary inconveniences are so worth the end result. I just need to keep my eyes on the prize for a few more weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got it, babe! Just keep your eye on that prize!

Love you.

I'll be there to help you out in about 3 1/2 weeks.

Erin said...

Hmm, baby's behind in the ribs, contractions, frequent trips to the bathroom, more contractions, chasing after a toddler, carrying around extra weight...sounds eerily similar to what I'm going through. Oh, swollen ankles too! Gotta LOVE being pregnant!

Katie said...

Hang in there Jen!

One Tweet Thing said...

If it makes you feel any better, I picked up something awfully cute at the store today that might be being sent your way. :)

snarflemarfle said...

Yep...eyes on the prize! I don't have a tooshie in my ribs...just some feet.