Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Rubbing the Sky
We have Cathedral ceilings in our living room. I used to love them until I found out how hard they are to paint and dust. So today I got out my Swiffer extendable handle duster and I was climbing on chairs and tables to get to the cobwebs that I have neglected for way too long. As I stood on the table reaching as high as I could Ryan asked, "What are you doing, mommy?" I answered, "Dusting." But I like Ryan's description better, "You rubbing the sky." Simple and sweet, but it made my day brighter just having him conjure that mental picture :-)



6 comments:
I like Ryan's description, too. Very sweet.
Now, tell me, dear child--why would and eight-months-pregnant woman feel the need to stand on tables and chairs to do ANYthing?
Please. Make a list of all the stuff like that you want done, and I will do it when I get there.
I love you. :)
HA! She's nesting. ;) I think you're gonna have to let her do what she will do.
I can't wait to get pregnant again and hit that stage. So much got done around here! My pantry hasn't been completely emptied, cleaned out, wiped down and put back together since my last nesting phase. And I'm pretty sure the top of the refrigerator hasn't been cleaned since either. ;)
I thought about that as I commented on her climbing on furniture to clean...I understand the nesting phase. I also understand that, at eight months, she is not as graceful and coordinated as she usually is. I don't want them to get hurt! Jen, I love you. *Please* be careful!
LOL. You are right... graceful and eight months pregnant are not words that go together. ;)
They go together about as well as graceful and big fat duck.
Jen, you are NOT 'big' or 'fat.' You are pregnant -- a wonderful state of being which ends in motherhood, which is a blessed state enjoyed solely by women.
That said, 'big fat duck' is an adorable mental image!
Post a Comment