Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Slacker in Remission and the Big Boy Bed

Today during Ryan's nap I put batteries in the disc man and played some Mozart to Sweet Pea. Oddly enough Jay asked me if I had been playing music to the baby last night and I don't think he had read my blog. He proceeded to give me a guilt trip and apologize to my Sweet Pea that she wouldn't be smart! I promptly smacked him in the head for saying things that might damage Sweet Pea's self-esteem. Then I decided I really needed to get on this music thing. Hence the Mozart today. As per Jay's instruction when I was doing this with Ryan, I put one speaker on each side of my tummy so Sweet Pea could experience the stereo sound. She either loved it or hated it. She was kicking and dancing away. I've often wondered if kicks and such actually mean the baby likes something. I'm going to keep doing it because it's relaxing for me and just might be good for her:-)

On to Ryan's latest thing...
The big boy bed has been a success so far. Ryan has done really well most nights. Usually one of us will go up with him after stories and sing his songs. He gets in his bed and we give him a kiss and leave the room. Some nights he fusses a little, but leaving the door cracked has helped with that. When he wakes up he waits for us to come get him. I often hear him singing little songs to himself or calling "mommy, mommy, mommy" until I go get him. I love to stand outside his door for just a few seconds to hear his little songs. It's so sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that YOU'RE smart and the only music you heard was the car radio playing country.

If you and SweetPea like the Mozart, I think you should listen to as much as you want.

As for Ryan: awwwwwwww! You make it sound so cute that he calls 'mommy, mommy, mommy' when he is ready to get up. I hope you always feel that way. I'm amazed that he stays in bed when he could easily get up on his own. How did that happen?

Claire said...

I'm so glad his toddler bed is working out for him. With Isaac it's still a bit of a wrestling match, and he wants me to stay in the room with him until he falls asleep. But more frequently than ever, he sleeps through the night, and when he is tired, he will get into bed with no fussing. I think it's a definite improvement over the crib for us. (and there is that whole thing with somebody else who is coming to live here soon who will be needing that crib)