Last night I was putting together a little 'People Who Love Me' scrapbook for Ryan. I thought it would be nice for him to have a concrete reminder of our love for when we are in the hospital and after his new sister comes. I was looking through my pictures to find some good ones and found this one of my parents. It's not fitting for the book, but it made me smile. I remember taking this picture. We were at a garden/zoo place in Europe. It had lots of cool old structures that I guess are part of the history of the park. Anyway, my parents were standing under this beautiful bridge I wanted to get a picture of them kissing, but I was just a little late. I love the way the picture turned out though. It reminds me that my parents still love each other. I know I'm lucky to have that. My parents are not only 'still together', but they really have affection for each other. Growing up I didn't appreciate this for what it was, but now I am really glad to have had such a great example for marriage. I hope some day someone gets an unposed picture of me and Jay that captures our love the way that this one captures my parent's love. I don't even know if my parents know about this picture. I know they didn't know I was taking it. I thought I would send it to them for Valentine's Day- I guess I ruined the surprise ;-)

Isn't it romantic?! I hope to be grossing my teenagers out like that someday ;-) Maybe I'll get lucky and my kids will appreciate their parent's love as something beautiful...ROFL, a mom can dream, can't she ;-)
2 comments:
Awwwwww.....
What a beautiful picture!
Post a Comment