Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I know I look like a hippo with digestive issues....

Note to the public:

I know I look/walk like a hippopotamus with digestive issues. I know I'm waddling like a duck. I know! You don't need to tell me:
a) "You look like you're struggling"(I know in my head you are trying to be supportive, but it just makes me feel bad especially when I think I'm having a particularly good day.)
b) "When are you due?" I answer and you say, "Wow, I thought you were going to say tomorrow."
c) "How are you doing?" Followed immediately by your [negative] answer for how I am doing instead of waiting for me to answer.

Thank you for your consideration. Any comments about glowing, looking wonderful, only gaining baby weight, etc are welcomed and encouraged ;-)

8 comments:

Erin said...

All of the above... you are glowing, you have only gained baby weight and you look great. I did see why you thought maybe you should get some new shirts. ;)

You know all that weight is going to fall right off (and then some, probably!) once SP comes out. :)

Then you will be a stick again and I'll be a jealous hippo with disgestive issues. Why does it keep working like that?!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel like a hippopotamus with digestive issues. At least once your baby arrives, you'll be on your way back to normal.

*I* think you look adorable. So does your father.

And you're right -- people are just trying to be supportive. Try not to let their clumsiness get to you.

Katie said...

If people knew what you looked like pre and post pregnancy with baby #1, they would certainly say that you are "all baby" and that it is amazing how quickly you lose the baby weight post-delivery.

One Tweet Thing said...

Sorry people are rude sweetie...I'm sure you look gorgeous!

snarflemarfle said...

I almost hugged my neighbor last night when she said to me, "You look so skinny from the back, I can't even tell your pregnant!"

Woo hoo!

Claire said...

People can be so insensitive when it comes to asking questions of pregnant women. My "favorite" when I was pregnant with Isaac and in the throes of grad school, was that people would ask whether or not I got pregnant on purpose. Believe it or not, more than 3 people independently came up with this question.

And, like the others, I agree that you look absolutely beautiful and that you are clearly "all baby"! Don't let the haters get you down.

And Erin is so full of poo with her suggestion that she could ever look like a hippo.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Thanks girls:-) There's nothing like getting fished for compliments to make a girl feel good about herself ;-)
Actually when I wrote this post I wasn't fishing, I was just trying to be funny.

Anonymous said...

I will just say again what I have said for years Pregnant women are truly beautiful and have a glow about them that is a pleasure to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!