::Call husband on cell phone holding house phone away from ear::For your protection please verify the last 6 charges on your credit card.
$X fast food restaurant. Press 1 if you or an authorized user made this
charge. Press 2 if this is a fraudulent charge.
It wasn't me, but Jay charges lunch sometimes, okay. :: press 1 ::
$XXXX jewelry and watches. Press 1 if you or an authorized user made
this charge. Press 2 if this is a fraudulent charge.
Um, I don't know. I didn't charge that, but maybe Jay is trying to surprise me. I'm not pressing one for that amount without knowing!
$XXXX jewelry and watches. Press 1 if you or an authorized user made
this charge. Press 2 if this is a fraudulent charge.
What do I do?
ME: I don't want to ruin a surprise or anything, but the credit card fraud division is calling. Did you make a charge for $XXXX?
HUBBY: Possibly. What did you tell them?
ME: Nothing it's an automated message. I still have to answer.
HUBBY: Mumbled annoyed word ! What's the number?
ME: They didn't give one, but it's the _____ card if you want to call them. Sorry, love you!
:: Go back to house phone...line is silent. Hang up::
Dear credit card company,
For your own protection do NOT call wife right before Valentine's Day to find out if a charge to a jewelry store is fraud.
Regards,
The Wife



2 comments:
Poor Jay!
That really sucks.
Ha! Poor Jay, but that *is* hilarious. And lucky you, lady!
Post a Comment