Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snow Baby?

How many times have you heard the story of the winter baby born in the biggest snow storm in years? We are expecting 8-14 inches of snow today and tomorrow. That may be a small snow storm where you come from, but around here they cancel everything if someone sees a snowflake. I wonder if we will have a snow baby story to tell. We do have 4 wheel drive and we live less than 5 miles from the hospital, so I'm not expecting a problem even if Sweet Pea does come this weekend. Unless of course the doctor drives a little sports car and can't get to the hospital.
So let's start a baby pool(no money of course).
The factors:
Snow today and tomorrow
I will be 38 weeks Monday; Ryan was born at 38 weeks 2 days.
My EDD(due date for the never had a baby people) is February 27 or 28.
I measured 38 weeks at my appointment yesterday.
No painful contractions, but some barely noticeable ones.
I didn't have any painful contractions until 12 hours after my water broke last time.[for those who don't know- water breaking means you will go into labor within 24 hours or the doctor will bring on labor]

Anything else you want to know before you make a guess?

Let the guessing begin!

7 comments:

Erin said...

February 16th
3p.m.
I'm going to guess it's a girl. ;) 8lbs, 10oz. (If I'm right, I'm sorry about that, chica!!) ;)

Anonymous said...

how about a picture? has the baby dropped? Lily

Periwinkle Jen said...

A picture...I'll work on it.

Claire said...

Yeah, people are asking me if U.B. will be tempted by the snow to make an appearance. And I will be 39 weeks on Tuesday... Isaac was born the day before his due date, but I never went into labor by myself.

Best of luck to you and SP. I secretly hope she does decide to brave the snowstorm so we can meet her that much sooner.

One Tweet Thing said...

I'm going for March 1st. I think it'll be funny if you and my other friend deliver on the same day!

Tonia said...

I say Feb. 13 at 11:16 pm
7 lbs. 14 oz.

Mari said...

I'm totally going with labor starting on Valentine's day, but delivering on the 15th.

8 lbs. 4 oz.

I also predict one happy Mommy and Daddy.