Wednesday, March 22, 2006
"2 Week" Check Up
I know Lily will be 3 weeks tomorrow, but her doctor was out of town, so she had her 2 week appointment today. She is a healthy 9 pounds 8 ounces. That is up over a pound from her birth weight of 8 pounds 2 ounces. She is 20 and 1/2 inches long. I'm pretty sure she didn't grow an entire inch. The hospital probably couldn't get her to stretch out all the way. If you look at Ryan's records he actually shrunk half an inch once;-) No signs of jaundice. She seems to be doing very well. The doctor noticed a birthmark at the base of her spine and wants to have an ultrasound done to rule out spinal dysraphism. I wish I could find some information on it in English, but it seems pretty scary. The doc says she isn't overly concerned and it's probably not that, but she wants to check to be sure. At least this test won't hurt like the bilirubin tests. I sure hope it's just a birthmark.



4 comments:
When is the u/s? I posted a message to my dr. friend on the mommy message board I read. Hopefully she'll get back to me soon and will have translated the medican mumbo jumbo (and will hvae lots of reassuring words for you) My thought immediately was wouldn't they have seen something on your 18-week sonogram if there was anything to see? They look so carefully at the spine during that u/s. I'm sure everything is fine, but we'll say a little prayer over here for you and baby Lily anyway. :)
I will be praying to. Keep us posted.
I'm glad you have a doctor that is observant...and if she's not worried, that's a good sign.
Do keep us posted. I've already had you and yours in my prayers for all the new changes, but I'll keep you in...
Why do doctors say that kind of crap? "It could be this horrible-sounding thing, but I'm not too concerned about it." I'm sure it's not much help to hear from us, but I agree with Mari -- feel reassured that your doctor isn't stressing about it. Keep us posted on what you (and others!) find out.
Post a Comment