It's hard to believe it has been a whole week! Lily's list of accomplishments at one week is fairly limited. She is a champion nurser, she sleeps well (and often) and fills diapers. The only problem is she needs to be held or in her swing to sleep or else she wakes up within about 5 minutes of being put down. Hopefully she will outgrow this and sleep in her bassinet soon. Lily likes to look at her doll baby and bunny when I change her or when she is just lying on the couch. Sometimes she even smiles at them...I know you are all thinking "it's not a real smile." That's okay. She is out of the woods for bilirubin.
She is very adorable and lovable.
Her cry is much less intense than her brother's was.
I LOVE having a little girl!
She squeaks and it is adorable.
She has Jay's feet and my ears.
She has long fingers that I'm sure will come in handy for playing the piano. I'm pretty sure daddy wants all his children to play piano.
Ryan loves his little sister and is so cute with her, but that deserves its own post.




6 comments:
LOL. I did notice in your original pics that she got your ears. I'm hoping my next baby gets my ears too... ;) Tom's gene pool has these mysterious "bent" ears floating around... (the ones Ben got) They are cute.... but "different" ;)
Jay... ROFL!!!!!! I see you have put a LOT of thought into this. ;)
Jen:
Congrats on a gorgeous little girl. She is lovely. I have yet to send a box of precious things to you because well... two toddlers at the US Post Office filling out forms and waiting on line usually gets me crazed and I never make it all the way to the counter. But, I decided Monday I will go and it will be the only errand I have to attend to and that way it will be finished. I have lots of boxes to send, not just one to you. I am sending mostly used things. I hope this is okay. I have so many things we hardly got to wear and even though I am pregant again, I still have two of everything so it does not matter if I send some to you. Tom and Joan were kind of like honorary grandparents to our girls and so it seems right to send you some things. Best of luck.
Jacque
Jen, she is so beautiful. And is that the faintest hint of a smile I'm detecting in that top picture, you lucky shutterbug you?
It sounds like Jacob and Lily are two of a kind. He also is a cuddle-monkey to the extreme and has to be held and rocked to sleep, and past the "to sleep" stage, or else you are guaranteed that he will wake up when you put him in the crib. Also, Jacob's cry is much, much quieter than Isaac's was, which is nice. Less disturbing.
I can't wait to hear what Ryan thinks about all this!
Jay actually made his comment in the morning...hence Erin's response to Jay. He had to re-post it.
She is so incredibly beautiful.
So. precious.
I have to say, despite the fact we don't know each other IRL, I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment