Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lily is Born (Part 1)

If you people want gory details I'll give them to you. Consider yourself warned...If you don't want to see words like placenta or think about tearing "down there" do not read on. There will be a nice post for those not interested in blood and yuckiness later.

I was lying in bed around 6:30 in the morning. Ryan had decided that he needed to be in my bed when he woke up about 15 minutes earlier. I felt fluid going down the top of my leg just as Jay returned from the shower. I said, "Hon, you're not going to work today." This is eerily reminiscent of my first pregnancy. Only last time there was a trickle when I stood up from using the potty(can you tell I have a toddler) and this time when I went to stand up there was a Tsunami. I seriously had to send Jay to get a towel just so I could walk to the bathroom and I still left a trail(I know...ew). At this point I started feeling faint and queasy. Jay went to call the doctor and they said come right in. I get there and go to registration where the lady keeps referring to me as "the possible rupture" to everyone. Lady, unless you have ever peed the Atlantic in one sitting and it keeps coming for the half an hour that it takes to get to the hospital there is no possible about it. [Yes, it only takes 5 minutes to get to the hospital from my house, but Jay needed to eat breakfast ;-) Plus I wanted to brush my teeth, take a shower and all that jazz that you do before you leave the house so you don't offend the general population with your stink.] While I'm registering the power goes out. Not very reassuring. It did come right back, but all the doors to labor and delivery were in lock down and security needed to come open them.

To be continued...

5 comments:

Erin said...

a cliffhanger! You're killin' me!

Anonymous said...

Nothing too gory yet...we're waiting!

Jack's Mom said...

How can it be too gory? We all have been through childbirth so been there done that. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Periwinkle Jen said...

My brother and my father read this blog as well as my brother in law who is in college...I don't think they want to read about my girl parts.

Erin said...

Semi-patiently waiting for Part Deux....