This week I have taken Ryan and Lily to gymnastics and the store(a few times) alone. It went fairly well. I didn't know how I would handle both kids, but they have both been good when we go out.
I was really worried about gymnastics. I ordered a sling for things like this. With the sling I can have two free hands to spot Ryan in gymnastics. When I tried it on a few weeks ago it was very snug and Lily didn't like it. When it came time to use it for gymnastics it fit better(still not perfect, but it will do) and I tried using a travel pillow to support Lily(a little trick I read on the site where I ordered the sling). It worked out really well. Lily pretty much slept the whole time. Ryan was a little off. He mostly did what he was supposed to do, but when there was a lull in the action he would run circles around me and he kept going the wrong way on the circuit. I don't know if it was because of me having Lily or having a new teacher because I changed his class time. I think we might change back to his old teacher if we can. He really missed her and I think I like her style better. His current teacher is fine, but I really loved his first teacher.
The store has usually gone well. One time Lily was hungry because we went to the store after running another errand. She started crying, but I picked her up and she stopped. She fell asleep in my arms, so I thought I could make it home before feeding her. That was a mistake. She woke up crying about 1 minute into the 7 minute drive home. She cried a good bit of the way home, but there was no point in stopping because it would take as long for me to be able ton pull over and get in the back to feed her as it would to get home.
All in all I'm happy with how it all worked out. Now I am pretty sure I can handle things myself. I am really glad my mom was here 24 hours a day in the begining though!



1 comment:
I knew you could handle both kids at the store or on other errands. Ryan may be two, but he is usually well-behaved.
I'm *so* glad you were successful in taking him to gymnastics--he really seems to love it and I think it is good for him. That Lily -- she's a sweetie!
Post a Comment