Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2004

Flu Shot

Ryan got his flu shot today, well at least the first half. I was pretty conflicted about giving him a vaccine that he didn't NEED since he hates the shots so much. In the end I decided it was best to protect him especially with Zach in his first year of school getting exposed to all those new germs. Ick. It was especially hard since the moment we walked into the exam room he started crying. I guess he realizes what's coming now. Poor little guy:-( Hopefully he won't have too many more visits with shots and he'll be a bit less scared when we visit the doctor.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Poor little guy. Did he have any side effects from it? Ben had more issues with that shot than any of the others... fussy all day! I'm glad I was able to get both doses for him though, especially since Tom and I couldn't get it ourselves... the flu can be so dangerous for babies! (plus, who wants to do deal with a flu-ridden infant/toddler?)

Btw, the minute Ben sees our pediatrician now he FREAKS out. I was hoping that wouldn't happen just yet, but apparently the dislike for him has set in already. ;)

Anonymous said...

Jen used to 'freak out' as soon as she saw the pediatrician, too. Then suddenly one day she was all smiles for him and even took a shot with NO CRYING! I don't know what happened, but I'm glad it did. (Although she is still funny about needles of any kind!)
I love my girl!
MOM

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, he might be less scared the more shots he gets... I was sick something fierce for two weeks about ten years ago -- two weeks on the IV, two shots per day. Now shots aren't so scary any more ;)

- Philo

Periwinkle Jen said...

Philo! How's it goin'?