We took a little trip to Reisterstown to vote and visit great-grandparents today. The voting didn't go so well. Since I'm no longer a resident of Baltimore county I couldn't vote there. I found this out after getting my voting card and changing all the information. I go to sign the back and it says you have to be a current county resident. After talking to about 5 people someone knew what I had to do. Apparently they have something called a provisional ballot. I had no idea. What I really needed to do is drive 5 minutes down the street Zach's school and fill out a provisional ballot with my new and old information. At least the trip wasn't a waste. Ryan and I went to visit my grandparents. They loved watching him play and explore. Pop really had a good time with him talking, feeding squirrels and showing him the ceiling fan. It was fun for me to watch too:-) I really loved watching the love between Ryan and his great-grandparents grow as he begins to remember people and build real mutual relationships. I'm thankful that Ryan will know at least 3 of his great-grandparents and will have met another one(she lives in Michigan, so he may not get to see her a lot). I had 3 great-grandparents live until I was a teenager and I felt so blessed to know them that well. I do have some memory of 2 of my other great-grandparents, but I was much younger when I got to see them and they didn't live as close. I have been very blessed with a strong family and I'm so glad Ryan will have that too.
After we got home Ryan had some more fun. He found a new place to play. He has always liked taking the pots and pitchers out of our corner cabinet, but today he thought it would be fun to climb in and play. It's a good thing he's so cute because the trail of stuff he leaves behind everywhere he goes is getting bigger and bigger. It's hard to walk in my kitchen without stepping on a gladware bowl or another random plastic object that we keep within Ryan's reach! As soon as I pick one up he's already pulled out 5 more.
This looks like a fun cave to explore!
1 comment:
You voted! Yay! I was just wondering if you were able to get that done...
How nice that you went to see Mom and Dad while you were in Reisterstown. I'll bet they enjoyed that. Love you, MOM
Post a Comment