Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Zach's Vote

Zach's class had a mock election. He brought home the booklet that had the ballot on it. I noticed he voted for Kerry. I asked him why he voted for Kerry(not in a mean way, simply for the information). He said, "Because he hasn't had a turn yet." I thought it was pretty cute. I did explain to him that when we grow up we decide who to vote for in different ways. We find out what they believe in and the candidate who believes in what we believe in is the one we would vote for. I still think it's a pretty nice thing that he wants to be fair. Maybe some more politicians should follow his example of fairness. Not that they should take turns, just be fair and honest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of him! I think wanting to be fair is a wonderful thing for a first-grader to consider. Yay, Zach! Love, MOM

Katie said...

Zach's reason was so cute! What strong character he has!