Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2004

Stringing Two Words Together

I almost forgot to tell you the most exciting part of the weekend. In the car on the way home from the Christmas party Ryan dropped his juice. He said "uh-oh juice". It took me a minute to realize what he said...it sounded like a lot of his other "words" that he constantly babbles. It sounds a little like "uh-oh jew" when he says it. It was the first time he made a two word sentence all on his own! Sure he will say "Thank you" [heard "Dah doo"] when you give him something or "Here ya go" [heard "hiya oh"] when he gives something, but he is just copying those. Those took me a while to realize too. I guess when you are used to hearing babble ALL THE TIME you just think it's all babble(or maybe it's just me). Anyway, yea for Ryan's first two word sentence!

2 comments:

Erin said...

way to go Ryan!
Jen, I'm glad you recognized it as "uh oh juice" and didn't just think he had something against jews... ;)

Periwinkle Jen said...

It's not like I thought he said soemthing else. It's more like I thought he was saying nothing. Just babbling. Maybe he says a lot more than I think, but since I'm not listening for it I don't hear it. ::pondering:: I'll have to listen harder!
It did help that he was pointing to the floor when he said it;-)