Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

18 Months Old

It's hard to believe. Ryan is 18 months old! 18 months ago Ryan was a helpless infant that didn't do much more than cry(really loudly!). Now he is a vibrant little boy who runs, jumps, talks, sings, laughs and talks. Today the doctor asked me how many words he says. I didn't know what to answer. I've never sat down to count, but it's a lot. Maybe I'll make a list. I really wanted to make a list of all the things he can do now, but it would be so long. I will share a first for today though. Ryan opened a door that was completely closed for the first time today. At the doctors office he grabbed the handle turned it and pulled the door open. He must have thought it was great fun because he did it over and over and did not want to stop. Luckily we have only round handled doors. The doctor has the kind with the long handle that you can just pull down. Silly doctor. I do think we will be in trouble soon because Ryan is reaching up and grabbing every door handle around the house.
I'm glad I have been blogging about him. It's so hard to remember when he did this or that, but this way I'll be able to look back and remember. When he is older maybe he will even want to see what he was like when he was little. Erin uses her blog posts about Ben in his baby book, maybe I'll go back and use some of mine too. It will be cool to show Ryan how I felt about him while he was growing up. I love that little boy! He amazes me every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy--opening doors is a gateway to LOTS of fun things! Let's see, there's the bathroom with its nifty bowl of water, the laundry room and all those cool bottles of stuff, not to mention those neat stairs that lead down there, Zach's room and all his books and toys, Mommy and Daddy's room--who KNOWS what can be found in there! Ryan is just STARTING his adventures in this world. Wait until he learns to open the doors to the outside.....

RB said...

I will probably use some of my blog posts for a scrapbook as well. You know... one day... when I have some time. Right. Time. HAHAHA! The blog is really the only thing I can keep up with because it is sooo easy. And, it does preserve things for that day where I have time to scrapbook.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Oh yes, time...I know what you mean. I wonder when we get that back.