Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2005

Play Date at the Playground

Today we went on a play date with Erin and Ben. Yay! It's so hard to get together with them because of nap schedules and bus stop times etc. It always seems so short too. I really like hanging out with them and I wish we could do it more often. Today Ben had to rush over right after his nap and Ryan stayed up late so they could play together. I can't wait until Ben is down to one nap a day so we can do more fun stuff together. This is one of my favorite pictures from our fun day at the playground.
Buddies Posted by Hello


Don't think it was all fun and games though...Erin got to see a few of Ryan's 'Don't take me off the swing' tantrums. He finally managed to give up the swing with the promise of Goldfish and a LOT of coaxing. Ben was such a good sport about it all. He just wanted to eat mulch and the mulch by the swings was as good as any other mulch I guess;-) They shared their snacks very nicely, but I think Ryan got the lion's share. He usually does when it comes to food ;-) Then they played with the containers on a bench for a while. Ben took Ryan's hat, but the only person who seemed to mind was Ben's mommy :-) they played with some letters. Then Ryan started running down the sidewalk. Ben chased him. It was so adorable. Ryan kept looking back and I couldn't quite tell if it was a 'Why are you following me?' or an 'Are you keeping up?' look. They both seemed to enjoy the running though. We topped it off with some music and decided to head home for lunch. Ryan however didn't think lunch would be as fun as the swing, so he headed for the swings. I had to scoop him up and take his very sad sounding self to the car. He was easily distracted by the puffs I had in his bag. All in all a fun time. I'm thinking of trying to find a playground without swings though ;-) Maybe I'll start a petition to have the swings removed from our playground. They are the number one cause of playground injury you know. ;-P I guess that's going a bit far, but I really hope he outgrows this swing obsession SOON.

5 comments:

Erin said...

TOO cute. You got much better pictures. If I had seen them first, I would have used THEM in the slideshow... totally not redoing it now though. ;)

Periwinkle Jen said...

I loved your slide show. The song was great and the pictures were too.

Mrs. Flinger said...

ohhh, how neat y'all can get together! You sound like me and Traci. It's SO HARD being 45 minutes away with babies. *snif* these moments are precious. Good thing for film and the Internet!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture! They really are cute together. I wish I could see Erin's slideshow. It won't work for me! :(

Heidi said...

Awww what sweet boys!