Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2005

To Tell or Not to Tell?

I debated with myself for a while about whether I should share Ryan's toilet triumph with the whole world. I'm still a little iffy and I think he might have me one of those "Mo-ooooooom!" moments when he gets older about it. I decided to do it anyway, but if the post mysteriously disappears you know why ;-)
So here is the toilet triumph story. Today I was going to give Ryan a bath, so he was standing there diaperless in the bathroom waiting for the tub to fill. True to form he peed on the side of the tub and the floor. I got out his toddler potty out last week and we've been talking about it with him. So, I put the seat on the toilet and asked him if he wanted to do 'pee-pees in the potty.' He sat there happily for a minute. I think he did a little bit, but nothing very noticeable except that the shield was a little wet. He must have gotten the concept though because after his bath he wasn't ready to get dressed right away. He went into the bathroom and put the little seat back on the toilet. I took that as a sign and put him up there and there is was...{sound effect}tinkle, tinkle. He did pee-pees on the potty! Yea for Ryan!!! Maybe we'll be able to get rid of those diapers soon! I'm sure we will not have all wonderful triumphant days like today, but it's a start.

PS I had to stop writing this because Ryan just handed me the TV remote and said "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle" at first I ignored him and put the remote down. He handed to me again and was a little more insistent about his"wiggle, wiggle"s this time. So I got up and brought a Wiggles episode up on the trusty TiVo for him. They are singing "Big Red Car" right now. If you are anything like me you have that song in your head now. He definitely knows what he wants! I just thought it was a cute story :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my grandson! He's very advanced for his age. I love the 'wiggle, wiggle, wiggle request AND that you know what it means.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Well, he did hand me the remote....that was a clue ;-) Sometimes he says that when he wants to hear the music too.