Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Winter, Winter Go Away

I have the winter blahs. Yesterday was just a tease. Today it is snowing again :-( Snow is fine in winter, but it's March! I know it's not technically spring, but it's close enough that it shouldn't be snowing. Not only is it snowing, but wind gusts are blowing so hard it's flying sideways. It's also a wet snow-the kind where you need an umbrella or you will get as soaked as if it was raining. And since it's blowing sideways you need some sort of super umbrella that doesn't turn inside out and is big enough to shield your entire body. It is COLD and windy and yucky. I was planning on going to the store, but I'm not going out in this wet wintry mess with a toddler. It's too hard to push a cart, hold a toddler(who doesn't want to be held) and an umbrella over both your heads at the same time. Not to mention that I do not have the aforementioned super umbrella. Sorry honey, you're just going to have to wait for those yogurts. Let's let the pizza delivery guy deal with this yuckiness ;-) Actually, I think I might make some chili, Jay style-meat, beans and tomato sauce. Otherwise I'd have to go to the store and get celery and I think we've already established that that's not gonna happen!

Pictorial update:
When I started this post this is what it looked like outside. All the snow from the previous storms had melted and there was wet snow falling, but showing no signs of sticking. I took this picture when there was no wind so you can see the snow.
10:22 snowing Posted by Hello

This is 25 minutes later...
10:47 blowing sideways and sticking! Posted by Hello

You can barely see the big fat snowflakes because they are blowing almost sideways. They blew even more sideways than that! With all the snow and wind it looks like thick fog out. Icky...I want to be in Florida with Erin:-(

4 comments:

Katie said...

Landon and I came to the same conclusion about dinner. We are having frozen chili for dinner b/c I am NOT going to the grocery store in this weather! Yesterday at this time we were strolling in the park with wearing a t-shirt! March weather in Maryland is crazy!

RB said...

I want to be in Florida too and we dont even have snow!!

RB said...

I want to be in Florida too and we dont even have snow!!

Periwinkle Jen said...

I think I might just move to the equator;-)