Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2005

Happy Birthday to Jay!

Hooray for this day in 1977! The baby who was to be my husband was born. What a wonderful man he has become. I could get really sappy here, but I'll spare you the details;-)
Instead I'll share a story from yesterday.
Jay went to a meeting for the middle school ministry at our church. He was kind of checking it out to make sure he wants to get himself involved in the hormone driven insanity that is middle school life. He is actually pretty pumped about working with the kids. He was talking to some of the high school seniors that volunteer with the middle schoolers after the meeting. The seniors were comparing notes on the colleges they would be attending next year. One was saying he wanted to go to Maryland. Being a loyal UMd alum Jay cast a positive vote for his alma matter. The kids responded by asking if he goes to UMd :-D When he told them he had gone to UMd, but he is now 27 and married with kids I think a few chins dropped;-) I don't think he even told them that he was turning 28 the next day.

At least you still look 21 sweetie:-)

4 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday, Jay! Just to put my (unsolicited) two cents in: Working with middle schoolers will be very rewarding for Jay if he chooses to do so. They will teach him a lot...and vice-versa. But that is an age that needs spiritual role models, especially male. If he chooses to do it, I think he'll have a good time.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Jay! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy borthday, Jay! Or, in the words of mys sister's coffee mug: Hippo birdies two ewes,
Hippo birdies two ewes,
Hipo birdies, Dear Ja-ay!
Hippo birdies two ewes!

Mrs. Flinger said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!