Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Inspired-*edited*

Inspired by Leslie's most recent post about finding time for everything I am going to be limiting my time for blogging. This shouldn't affect my posts too much since most of my blog time is spent reading other people's blogs. I think I am relying too much on reading about what other people are doing for my adult interaction. I get super disappointed when there are no updates since I read last, but I'm drawn to my computer way too easily to check. Then I'm checking everyone's blog hoping that they updated. It's time for me to get back to basics people. I'm going to make use of that old fashioned device where you punch in numbers and a person is actually at the other end! Maybe I'll even be able to think about something interesting to say. Okay I'm not asking for miracles here, just interaction. I figure if I limit my blog time and actually talk to people that might free up my hands to do more around the house. Maybe one day I'll even be able to invite people over without embarrassment! There I go again, hoping for miracles...I guess it can't hurt to dream, eh.
I know I need to seek out some more "real" adult interaction. It's hard because when I am with adults I often don't really feel like I'm really there because I always have to keep my eye on Ryan. Like this morning my small group met one last time before our summer break, but I missed lots of the conversation because I was going in the other room so often trying to stop Hurricane Ryan from destroying the house. I've found that play dates are a fairly good solution because everyone has something to do and we can hang out right with the kids if we need to. I'm really excited I've found a new play buddy for Ryan with older siblings about Zach's age. Zach gets along with just about anyone, so I have no worries that he will be able to play well with them. Plus I really like his buddy's mom. She is in my small group. So, here's to playmates for Ryan, Zach and ME:-)
*I'm not doing very well. It's cold and dreary outside, I'm tired and I'm BORED. Ugh, Dr. Phil would say, "Bored people are boring." Maybe this bored person is just too tired to muster up the energy to do anything productive. Then again, maybe I'm just boring like the ol' doc says. I think I am going to bed at 8:01-right after the boys are in bed!*

3 comments:

Erin said...

Does this mean I should keep the phone within reach now instead of/along with the laptop?

It's going to be cold and dreary tomorrow (A-freakin-gain)If you and Ryan get bored want to come play with some different toys, we'd love the company! The only thing on my to-do list tomorrow is to clean the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Jen, You're not boring, you're just tired of running after Ryan instead of doing things that stimulate YOU. You're right to limit the blog reading and actually TALK to people. I like the sound of your new baby buddy, too. It all gets better, just keep on keepin' on. Love you.

RB said...

This post was very well written! You are so insightful and I loved reading your thoughts.