Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 07, 2005

Boycotting Vicki's Secret

I went to the one of the local malls a couple weeks ago and I was disgusted by what I saw in the VS window. It's shameful the way they exploit human sexuality right in the front of the store where any kid/teen can see it. I realize they are in the business of selling sexy things, but they are over the line when they are being so overt. Maybe you have no problem with our over sexualized society and the teens who are paying the price with pregnancy, STDs and all the emotional consequences of having sex when you are not ready, but I do. The final straw for me was a news story about the new store in Tyson's Corner. VS is calling that store "the sexiest store in the country." They couldn't even show some of the pictures from that store on TV. And they showed pictures that I was uncomfortable with anyway! They have a bed in the store and it was reported that there was a display of two live female models on the bed simulating things together that should not be seen in public. That my friends is WAY over the line and I will not buy any more VS merchandise until they stop these practices- even if they are my favorite underwear.
So does anyone have any suggestions on good underwear? I have not bought anything that's not VS (or nursing oriented) in years!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your principles. Now be sure VS knows they have lost your custom and WHY.

snarflemarfle said...

Good for you! I don't go in Vicky's anyway...they don't have much for big-boobed women.

BTW, I like Bali's bras and No Nonsense undies...for what that's worth.

Bree said...

I JUST saw it today! they have been in the process of changing our store! I was disgusted as well!!!! I just can NOT believe it! one girl was on her hands and knees, looking over her shoulder, and well..it was just WRONG! WRONG. ugh...I feel the same way, I want to shop somewhere else now too.

Anonymous said...

I like Gap Body much more than Victoria's Secret anyway. The stuff lasts just as long and is a little cheaper.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Thanks, Michelle. I actually go that advice from someone else too. Can you get that in the Gap stores? or is there a special store?

Anonymous said...

Where I'm at, it is not part of all Gap stores. The Gap Body I shop at is sort of its own store, but connected to the regular Gap. You can get good deals there - found a bra once for $2.50!