Wednesday, October 05, 2005
He is at SCHOOL, DUH!
11:50 I hear a knock on the door. I opened it to one of Zach's friends asking if he can come out and play. For a brief moment I panicked thinking I lost track of time(in a major way) and I needed to leave right then to pick Zach up from gymnastics. I only talked to one friend on the phone; it can't be after 4 already! So I tell his friend he is not home. Run to look at the clock and realize it's not even lunch time yet. PHEW! I'm not crazy. Now what the heck is this kid doing knocking on my door in the middle of the day. I see him going across the street to knock on the neighbor's door-the one who works nights and sleeps during the day. So, I called out to tell him everyone is in school and asked why he wasn't. Apparently he had an appointment. I ask again...Why is he not in school!!! And do he and his parents not realize that everyone else IS in school? His kindergarten brother comes over and asks for Zach to play during the school day too. DUH!



5 comments:
Boy, he really did throw you off, didn't he? I wonder why his Mom doesn't tell him none of the other kids are at home during the day? Its not very kind to allow him to go knocking on doors of people who must sleep during the day!
I wonder why his mother didn't bring him to school for the rest of the day.
Oh, yeah, I sort of missed that, didn't I?
If this happens pretty often I think I would call the school.Maria
I have to say, when I started reading this story, I thought you actually SAID that to the kid! :)
(not that it wouldn't be deserved, but I do remember you saying my "In the freezer, DUH!" comment in chemistry class was a little undiplomatic)
Post a Comment