Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Results

The poll has been pretty stagnant for about a day, so I'm thinking these are the final results.

Lily 25%
Hannah 15%
Abigail, Diana 12%
Grace 10%
Taylor, Lillian 5%
Amber, Ashley, Danielle, Hailey, Marie, Morgan 2%
Isabel, Jasmine, Samantha 0%

It's interesting how the poll has helped me figure out my own feelings a little more. When Hannah was in the lead I felt a little disappointed. When Lily pulled up and took the lead I was pleased. I've known from the beginning that Lily was probably my favorite. When I talked to my mom right after the ultrasound I told her we were leaning toward Lily for a girl. Now I wonder since Lily has the most votes does that mean it will be too popular? Ack, it's so hard to choose a name! When I was pregnant with Ryan we had a girl's name picked out. He would have been Hailey Marie. It just didn't feel right this time. I still love the name, so I'm not sure why I don't feel right about it. I think right now we are thinking Lily(or something that has the nickname Lily, but more options) Marie or Lily Grace. We might totally change our minds though. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ultimately, of course, you will name your child. The right name will come to you -- it always does. I love you.

Erin said...

It's beautiful! There is a little girl in our Gymboree class named Lilly (two "Ls") and I thought of you guys today! I asked and the mom said it's not short for anything though... just Lilly. Her middle name is Beth, so they sometimes call her LillyBeth, which is cute. :)

Anyway, both of your choices are gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Eh, I wouldn't worry if its "too popular." As long as you love the name, she will fit the name and it will be hers. All of your choices are great though!

Periwinkle Jen said...

Denise- Liliana, That's pretty, I like it! I'll have to run that by Jay.
JL- I jusst found out last week that if my brother had been a girl he would have BabyBella's name! First and middle.
Rachel- Go for it:-)

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all:-)

Anonymous said...

BTW -- MomMom always liked the name Amy Jayne.