- OB appointment yesterday- Everything looks fine. I still get excited to hear her little heartbeat even though there is no doubt she is in there practicing her soccer moves and doing her best impression of a ball. [On a side note- I couldn't believe how much I weighed. I was really worried until I read my pregnancy calendar today and it said I should have gained at least 15 pounds by now. That seems like a lot to me at this point, but I'm right on schedule.]
-Ryan's speech amazes me every day. He comes up with the funniest things. Jay and I were hugging one day and Ryan wanted in on the action. I picked him up and he pointed to Jay then me saying, " Daddy and mommy...are friends." This of course caused much laughter and now he does it all the time. Most times he will point to everyone in the room, "Mommy, daddy, Zachary and Ryan are friends."
-Ryan's gymnastics teacher asked me how old he was exactly. When I told her she told me how well he was doing and that he is really keeping up with the older kids. Apparently he is doing the same things that kids 6 months older than him are doing. It really feels good when other people realize what you've known all along- Your child is the greatest ;-) Don't tell me you people don't think that about your own kid(s).
-Zach had a field trip this week on a boat. He got to do one of his favorite things- read maps.
-Zach is doing really well in school. We will get to know how well next week after his parent teacher conference.
-Jay is busier than ever with work, leading a middle school small group, his other small group and buying/selling computers.
-I am trying to keep my head above water. I'm finally going to have a chance to get to the grocery store today(we have not had milk or bread for 2 days!). I even get to go alone! Jay's mom is coming to watch Ryan and Zach this afternoon.
So, everyone is growing up and/or out. And I am just trying to take it one day at a time.



5 comments:
shop ssslllllooooowwwwwwlllllllyyyyyy
:)
That Christina, what a card!
Your life sounds just as it should be...I'm so glad you are enjoying them while they are small. It doesn't last. Adult kids are cool, but you always remember the cute moments of childhood.
Of course, the sweet moments of young adulthood are pretty cool, too.....
Love you.
WE get to that milk and bread stage as well...
Glad to hear all is well in your household!
JL- I'm glad to hear we are not the only ones.
glad things r goinmg great :) huggies
Post a Comment