Monday, November 21, 2005
Observant Little Guy
Little kids notice the most remarkable things. Things that we don't notice for whatever reason, maybe we are too busy with life or the things seem unremarkable to us. It's cool to stop and marvel at the world with a child. Ryan notices noises outside and he gets so excited to tell me "fire engine" or "Zach playing outside." He will wake up from a nap and tell me exactly what kids are playing in our front yard. The other day in the store he said, "helcoper" and this lady said, "Isn't he smart to hear that." I hadn't noticed the sound myself and when he first said it I just kind of acknowledged that it was a helicopter. After the lady said something I guess I realized how amazing he was. Today he heard a lawn mower and he told me, "Hear grass." It actually took me a second to realize that he was talking about someone cutting the grass because I hadn't noticed the sound myself. Is it odd to be amazed by your own child?



2 comments:
No,its not odd, its GREAT! That's part of the fun of having kids.
I agree that it does make kids fun!
Post a Comment