Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 27, 2006

3 Weeks Post Pregnacy

**Warning- May be TMI(too much information), read at your own risk**

Overall I feel pretty good. The healing seems to be happening much faster this time. I don't feel any pain from the stitches and I haven't really felt it in over a week. I pretty much stopped taking Motrin after being home for 4 days. The cramping has stopped. My hips and butt are still huge. Speaking of my butt, it's still numb. I'm not sure why. At first I thought it was because I was subconsciously rounding it so I wouldn't be sitting directly on the stitches and because of the bar that is right under it in the hospital beds. Now I'm wondering if this is a permanent condition. Oh did I mention that even though it's numb if you touch it it hurts? It's kind of like when your foot is asleep and you touch it. It sucks.
Besides the numb, oversized butt and the squishy, big tummy I don't even feel like I gave birth 3 weeks ago. Now I wish I could fit in all my pre-pregnancy clothes. I thought I could fit at least most of them last week. Turns out it was just a fluke. I pulled a pair of pants out of my closet on a whim last week when I was getting ready for church. They fit! I was too excited to even care about the squishy mass protruding over the waistband. Later in the week I tried to fit in another pair of pants. No go. I tried a couple pairs and found some more that fit, but they definitely didn't all fit :-( Thinking back I realized that I was rushed Sunday and forgot to eat breakfast. Once I got home and ate I remember having to unbutton the pants. Just before dinner I even went and changed my pants because they were so uncomfortable. Alas, I thought I was almost back to normal, but I was not.
I'm so looking forward to my six week appointment. Not for the same reason as hubby is looking forward to it(well that too), but mostly so I can get the go ahead to exercise. Bet you never thought you'd hear those words from me! I just can't wait to get rid of this extra squish and my ginormous bottom/hips. It's harder to get the pants past my butt/hips than to button them- Gah!
Oh, and I'm loving having my little girl :-) It's been a tad stressful some days with the sleep deprivation, Jay's new job, the messy house, thinking of getting/ looking for a new house and knowing how much there is to do, but not being able to do 90% of it because there is not enough time in the day. So if you have e-mailed, sent a gift or called and left a message I have a list and I will get in touch with you in one way or another, but it may take quite a while. I'm sorry, I really am doing the best I can. If it makes you feel any better I still have not been able to call and make that 6 week appointment that I am so looking forward to! I really am doing well though, it's just that taking care of the kids takes up most of the day. I don't even have the time after the kids go to bed to do anything because Lily thinks that is the perfect time to cluster feed. I love that I get to spend so much time with my kids though, so it's all good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you look great, although I agree that exercise is a great idea. You'll look better, and more importantly, you'll FEEL better and stronger. You'll need to be strong to care for three little ones, husband, house and dog!

I love you!.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Jen, I feel your pain! I had a very sore back after my c-section, and I really think it had less to do with delivery and more to do with all the sitting around I was doing. I had to nurse Jalyn 10 times a day and I was healing and overwhelmed--and my back was killing me! But it is long gone now and you'll soon be better, too.

Good luck fitting into those pants. It's too bad it doesn't just all fall away after all the hard work of delivery. Wouldn't THAT be nice?

Anonymous said...

I always say that one child is the minor leagues and two is the amajor leagues. You have three so thats just unimaginable! I am glad you are surviving with your sense of humor intact.

Erin said...

I just tried on some pre-pregnancy jeans the other day and I couldn't button them. But I was so happy I could even pull them up! I am so looking forward to getting out and doing things now. I have already been walking hard with the girls (shh, don't tell anyone) before my 6 week appt.