Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's a Conspiracy!

My children are conspiring against me getting enough sleep! It used to be that Lily thought bed time was midnight and Ryan thought it was time to wake up at 6:45. That does not leave much time for mommy sleep(especially when I have to wake up for feedings and diaper changes every 3 hours). ugh! Last night I finally got Lily to go to sleep at 10:30. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to go to bed right away. I went up to get ready at 11 and was finally in bed at 11:30. Just when I was about to fall asleep Ryan woke up crying. Jay went in to try to get him back down. He wanted MOMMY! So I went in and asked him what was wrong. Apparently there was a big dog in his way(?) I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I know it scared him. He wanted to come in our bed. I compromised with him and sat in the rocking chair with him for a while. We talked about good things he could dream about and getting enough sleep to go to Sunday school(I realize it's Tuesday, but he goes to the same place for my Tuesday Bible study as he does for Sunday school). He loves Sunday school. He was excited to get in his bed for one more song then go to sleep so we could go to "Sunday school." He got down, took 1 step toward his bed and froze in his tracks. I think he saw a shadow move on his wall. He said in the most scared voice I've ever heard from him,"Is the dog away?!" I told him the dog was gone and it's okay, but he just started crying. Poor kid was scared to death. So he did get to come to mommy and daddy's bed after all. He did really well until Lily woke up to eat around 1:30. He sat up to peek over my shoulder at her. That was the end of it. From then on he was kicking, tossing, turning and flopping. Jay finally took him back to his room and got him to stay there. Then it was Lily's turn to keep me awake. I think it was gas pains. Needless to say I did not make it to Bible study this morning. ::sigh::

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry you aren't getting much sleep! If it helps, I'm right there with you. :)

Claire said...

Ah yes, sleep. What was that again?

Oh, and do I feel like a lucky girl that the hubs gets up in the morning with Isaac. That is a LIFESAVER.