Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pretty Spine

We did the ultrasound of Lily's spine yesterday. Lily pretty much slept the whole time which made it pretty easy. There was one point where I had to take her shirt off and she woke up. She didn't want to straighten out at first, but she settled back into the same position she was in before too long. EVERYONE there oo-ed and ah-ed over how beautiful she is :-) People don't seem to believe me when I tell them she was 8lbs 2oz at birth. They seem even more shocked when I offer that she is 9lbs 8oz now. I guess she looks smaller than she is.
Anyway, after all the pictures of each vertebrate were taken the tech rubbed her finger on Lily's birthmark(the one on the base of her spine that was the reason for the u/s) and said (as if she was talking to Lily) "It's just a mark." She also commented to the lady helping her several times about how beautiful Lily's spine is. I think that was her way of telling me that there is no problem without violating any liability rules. So I'm feeling optimistic.

9 comments:

Katie said...

That's good news.

Erin said...

that sounds like good news to me! :) hooray! :)

Claire said...

Yay! That's great! Way to go, Lily!

Kim said...

Good news!
I can't believe Lily is three weeks already!
It seems onlt days since I was reading how she refused to come into the world!!
Hope all is well.
xx

Jack's Mom said...

I bet that is a relief!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a good result, glad to hear it!

Mari said...

Now that is a nice u/s tech, giving you indirect comfort...

Very glad to hear that it went well.

Anonymous said...

I like it when they do that kind of stuff :) What does the mark look like that caused them so much concern. I never knew a mark would make them think anything. Matthew has a birthmark on his back (right on his backbone) but no one was ever worried about it. At least they were nice and didn't just leave you in total suspense.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Her birthmark is a few red blotches in a cluster right at the base of her spine. The doctor wanted to test it because it is in the same family as a port wine stain which she thought might be an indicator. Some of the indicators of the spinal dysraphism are a mole, a lump or a hairy area on the midline.