Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ryan and Lily


Ryan is the cutest big brother I have ever seen. He loves Lily so much. The first day we brought Lily home she was fussing. Ryan wanted to know why she was crying. I told him she needed some love and he could help by rubbing her back if he wanted. He put his hand on her back, tilted his head and rubbed her back saying "It's okay Wiwy." When she cried louder he rubbed faster. Another time she was fussing and Ryan started jumping all around being silly. "Look at me, Wiwy, I'm jumping!" He was trying to make her laugh. Very sweet.
There was one night he had a hard time going to bed. Every time whatever adult would leave his room he would cry. After a while Jay emerged with no crying. He told Ryan he had to go take care of Lily because she was crying. Ryan said, "okay" and didn't make another peep.
Most days the first thing he wants to know when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap is "Where's Wiwy?" He often does a running commentary of what he is doing for her. "Look Wiwy, I'm climbing. This is my Huggy Bear. I wuv Huggy Bear and Bwankie! I wuv Wiwy." He also loves to touch her; her toes, her head, her fingers. He always asks first, "Can I touch Wiwy's toes?" Just adorable. Mostly he is gentle, but sometimes he needs reminders. Like today when he climbed up on the couch next to her and went to put is head up to hers he covered her face with his body. He really just wanted to cuddle her and he didn't realize what he was doing. Once I told him he moved right away into a better position so he could put his forehead on hers again. He also likes to hold her and tell her all sorts of things. When he was holding her yesterday he tilted his head down on top of hers. It was the most adorable moment! I tried to get it on video, but once Ryan saw the camera he just wanted to "see Ryan and Lily" on the little screen. The boy loves to see video of himself, but he doesn't stay in front of the camera long enough to get any video!
Of course there are times he wants mommy all by herself. Last night I brought Lily up to say good night to Ryan. He said good night to Lily and gave her a kiss and hug. He very sweetly asked, "Can grandma have Lily?" In other words he wanted me to give Lily to grandma so I could be there all by myself with him. He also got mad at me one day because he wanted to have mommy's milk and I told him he was a big boy so he drinks milk from a bottle(the jug) now. He didn't like that. He said, "No, I'm not big! I'm Wittw!" Overall, he has been very understanding about all of Lily's needs and has not complained much at all. In fact he is curious about what she needs.
He likes to know and look at everything about Lily. "What is Wiwy doing?" "Can I watch you change Wiwy's diaper?" "What is that?"(pointing to the umbilical cord stump) "Aw, wook at her wittw toes!" "Is Wiwy [insert emotion here]?" "Why is Wiwy crying?" "Is Wiwy okay?"
Ryan is a great big brother :-) Better than I could have hoped for.

12 comments:

Tonia said...

That is so great, I can only hope for that someday!

Anonymous said...

Hannah is very loving to Gracie.Sometimes won't leave her alone. This is a wonderful time,seeing siblings get along.Enjoy it,in 2 or 3 years we might not be saying this.

Congrats! again

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Ryan sounds like he already loves her to death! Such a doting big brother!

After reading your post, I am hopeful that my Ben-Ben does as well with our new addition! Five weeks until we find out...

:)

Anonymous said...

That's adorable!!! Glad he's being such a great big brother!

Erin said...

How great is that! Ryan sounds like he is enjoying being a big brother. I know you will enjoy watching them interact. :)

Mari said...

Aren't you have a place that you can record those special moments? How sweet that he declares he is still wittw.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that they are such a great pair. I really hope Gavin does well with his baby brother.

Heidi said...

All I can say is awww how sweet!!!

Heidi said...

All I can say is awww how sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

What about Zach? How is he adjusting? Sue

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Congratulations! Every 2-year-old is different, it seems. Coley was pretty indifferent to Jalyn when she was born, and now, 9 mos later, she can laugh with her one minute and boss her around the next. It's so good that he's so interested in Lily!

And I just noticed from your ticker that Ryan is EXACTLY 2 1/2 years older than she is! So that should make it easier to remember her birthday, even if it wasn't 2/26/06. :)

Periwinkle Jen said...

Sue-Zach is pretty much into his own thing right now.