Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Harvest Party

We went "trunk or treating" at our church tonight. It was really fun. They had a little carnival set up with a moonbounce and games when we first got there. It ran all night, but at 6:30 we got to go trunk or treating. A bunch of people from the church decorated their trunks with themes and the kids got to go from car to car. Even closer than townhouses(wink-wink). Some of the people really went crazy. I took pictures of some of my favorites. They should be in my October album tomorrow. Zach had lots of fun and I think Ryan really enjoyed himself. He had lots of people telling him how cute he was, who wouldn't like that. Especially when some of them were older ladies(by this I mean 4 and 5 year olds) dressed as princesses. I almost took a picture of him with one of his princess admirers--you know the frog and the princess--, but I thought her mom my be a little freaked out if I did. It was really cool and different. I think it was much cooler as a parent for a few reasons. It was interesting to see the car decorations(no scary ones), not so much need to check the candy, more entertaining things to do than just watch your child go to one door after another and it was a really fun and nice atmosphere. I give it 4 out of 4 stars as an alternative to trick or treating. Here are some of the better pictures from our night. It was pretty dark, so some didn't turn out very well, but I'm still going to put some of them in my album because they are cool things even if they are not in great focus. Like the Okay Corral and Mickey Dancing at Disney World.
Daddy and Froggy Ryan Posted by Hello

Hoppy Little Frog with Mommy Posted by Hello

Zach at the Candyland car Posted by Hello

Zach, Daddy and Ryan on the hayride Posted by Hello


5 comments:

Erin said...

Froggie and fireman adorable of course... but how many years in a row now has Zach been a fireman? ;)

The trunk or treating thing sounds really cool! We didn't do anything trick or treating or even really costume-wise with Ben this year. Everythign fell too close to bedtime. Ah well... maybe next year.

Erin said...

Froggie and fireman adorable of course... but how many years in a row now has Zach been a fireman? ;)

The trunk or treating thing sounds really cool! We didn't do anything trick or treating or even really costume-wise with Ben this year. Everythign fell too close to bedtime. Ah well... maybe next year.

Erin said...

Froggie and fireman adorable of course... but how many years in a row now has Zach been a fireman? ;)

The trunk or treating thing sounds really cool! We didn't do anything trick or treating or even really costume-wise with Ben this year. Everythign fell too close to bedtime. Ah well... maybe next year.

Periwinkle Jen said...

3 Years in a row! That's what I thought when he wanted to be a fireman again this year. He likes to stick with what he knows I guess. Besides I didn't have to buy a new costume;-)

Anonymous said...

I'd have thought ZACH would want to be the froggy--he was so pleased when he told me "Froggy'is your nickname for him. The little ones sure look like they are having fun. Trunk or Treat is a great idea! Some people really did go all out for the kids, too. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Love, MOM