Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 06, 2004

Big Helper

Yesterday Jay was raking leaves in the front yard. I took Ryan out to keep him company. At first Ryan was just running down the sidewalk every chance he got. A couple times he picked up the extra rake, but it was so heavy he just dropped it and moved on to something else. Then Jay needed help bagging the leaves. I held the bag open and Jay scooped big handfuls and put them in the bag. Ryan thinks his daddy is great and wants to be just like him, so he started picking up leaves and putting them in the bag as well. This marks the first time Ryan has actually been a real helper. He didn't put some in and take some out like it was a game. He just picked them up and put them in the bag. Mommy is so proud of her little helper bean!

2 comments:

Erin said...

LOL Jen! I love that he is not just a helper, he's a helper "bean" ;)

Periwinkle Jen said...

I have so many nicknames for him. Sometimes I wonder if I am using up all my creative nicknames on him and his younger sibling(s) will be left high and dry. If I find myself calling him something new I try to stop myself and save the name. Is that silly?