Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Ready or not?

Well it's two days before Christmas and I am ready. Well, more or less. I have to put one big gift in one of those giant bags and organize the 30+ gifts into bags according to their destination; Christmas Eve at Jay's parents' house on one bag, Mom-mom and Pop's house in another and Dina's house in another. Then I should be all ready to go. I'm thinking I'll do that during Ryan's nap. I am not sure what to do with myself. I've always been such a procrastinator about everything that I had something to do until the last minute. Now I am fighting the urge to stuff the boys stockings early?! Having everything pretty much ready should make for a less stressful Christmas Eve Day though:-)
We are starting our own Christmas tradition this year. Well, our own as in it wasn't passed down from family. I got the idea from my small group leader. We have a stocking hanging for Jesus. I hung it under the happy birthday sign we use for all our family members. We are each going to write down something we are going to give Jesus this year and put it in the stocking. Next year we will take out the notes and read them to remind us of our promises. I think it will be a good lesson for the kids that gifts from the heart are special. I also hope it helps them remember that Christmas is so special because it's Jesus' birthday.

Addendum: I just realized that I don't have cinnamon buns or orange juice for Christmas morning! I'm not ready for Christmas at all! It is a tradition in my family and Jay's family to have cinnamon buns on Christmas morning and I don't have any. I am going to have to go to the store and get some ASAP! I'm not going to make them from scratch like Jay's mom, but the thought is still there:-)

2 comments:

Periwinkle Jen said...

The postman just delivered 3 boxes; two Christmassy ones and a brown one.

Periwinkle Jen said...

Everything was wrapped except the candy making kit. Zach is excited about that. I'm not looking at the customs forms. I'll let you know when he opens it:-)