Ryan is playing with his legos in the kitchen. I hear him talking about a stinky. I look over and realize that he is talking to his Bob the Builder Lego guy. This is how his conversation with Bob went.
"EW!ew!ew! You hab(translated-have) a stinky! I hab(translated-have) to change your diber(diaper)"
Now Ryan does actually have a stink himself. So he tells me and heads up the stairs. By the time I catch up to him he is placing his little lego Bob on the changing table(heehee). He tells Bob, "Inona(I'm going to) change your diber(diaper). Wait for Mommy."
I put Ryan up on the changing table and he tries to sit up to get Bob, so I hand him Bob and the closest thing I have to a diaper within reach, a baby wash cloth. He lays Bob down next to him and then proceeds to "ew.ew.ew." some more and wipes Bob and wraps him in the wash cloth. The wash cloth covers Bob's whole little body, "There you go."
PS-In case you were wondering the 'Ew!ew!ew!' was the tell tale sign of daddy:-)



10 comments:
What IS it with these weak-nosed daddies? All my books told me that I should keep my "ew"s to myself so Isaac doesn't get the idea that his bodily functions are "bad"...apparently Michael didn't read those books. Even if Isaac's dipe isn't a poopy blowout, the "Oh, YUCK!" screams from my girly-man husband can be heard throughout the house.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ladies, I understand your point about the 'girly-man' daddies and their inability to keep disgust at elimination to themselves....but remember to be thankful for the fact that they actually CHANGE DIAPERS. Not too long ago, that was NOT the norm, at all. My father has never changed a diaper in his life!
I think it is about time we get back to the good old days. How did Pop pull that off? I have to know.
T.J.
P.S.
Mom don't be scared I am talking about in the future when I do have kids.
LOL, TJ. Good Luck with that.
Give it up, TJ. Man has evolved into sensitive, caring beings who want their children to know they are loved...and diaper changing comes with the territory! In the future, of course.
My plan right now is to get sick the first few times I have to do it and then maybe I want have to do it anymore. All those days with Marbles were just pratice.
T.J.
That was a PLAN!?! Really, the things some people will do, just to get out of a really disgusting chore!
This post and the comments are hysterical. I always tell BEaux it is stinky and he needs to learn to use the potty if he hates having his diaper change. Hope I am not causing irreperable harm!
BTW, I think Ryan's imaginative play is just adorable!
Post a Comment