Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Husband Points
Jay has been earning lots of what we like to call husband points. He's been so thoughtful about doing things to help me out...dishes(consisting of putting what fits into the dishwasher and running it, but it definitely helps), hanging up his clothes, getting up with Ryan, etc. He has also learned a great lesson that every man should learn...When I was upset about something because it made me feel bad he just said, "I can understand that you feel that way and I'm sorry you feel bad" instead of trying to argue me out of feeling bad by telling me I was wrong and listing the reasons why. This is a huge stride for him and I was floored. It was even a little surprising how good I felt just because he understood. It was way better than him telling me I shouldn't feel that way! Also the other day I had to drive him to work and while I went down to feed the baby he made the bed!!! And when he overslept and missed the bus while TJ had the car he admitted he should have planned better and not played a computer game until midnight all by himself. I was expecting him to get upset because the car was gone and he couldn't drive to work or want to drive the Explorer in to work. Instead he thought of a few ways to get downtown and leave me with the car. I was very appreciative of his calm demeanor and problem solving. Anyway, I just thought I'd brag on my husband for a while:-)



No comments:
Post a Comment