Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2004

Smartie Pants

You may have noticed that I have not posted anything "personal" in the past few days. I have not really had time. First I was sick and then Ryan got sick. He is also teething. He's currently cutting 3 molars, I personally think the 4th is on the way. I'll let you know if I get proof. He has been so clingy and miserable that I really have not had time to do much of anything besides hold him. Sometimes that isn't even enough! Reading stories seems to be the best way to calm him down.
Needless to say we've read alot of stories in the past few days. I've been noticing alot of things about our stories too. Ryan likes to turn to the pages where he can say the word. I took some pictures of it today:-) Some of the pages he especially likes are "apple", "ball", "duck", the "m" page for which he says "mama"(:big grin:),"O", "P"/"pig", "wah"(w), "baby" and "two". He has also done some other really cute and amazing(at least I think so) things when we read books. Like yesterday when Mrs. Dunning and her friend "Toad"(Her real name is Luanne. It's a long, but cute story maybe I'll tell you sometime.) dropped by I was flipping through a book with him in my lap while I was talking to them and when I got to the cow page he said "mooooo". Another time we were reading the same book and when we got to the hen page he said "duck". I guess all birds will be "duck" for a while until he gets a little more advanced. One of the most amazing things to me is that he anticipates what's going to be on the next page in the alphabet books. When I finish with "'L' is for Lion", but before I turn the page he says "mama". It's so fun to celebrate every accomplishment with him and watch him grow!

When I uploaded the photos from the camara he was in my lap. As he looked at each one he said "apple", "O" and "mama", respectively:-) Is it just me or is this kid smart?!

"Apple" Posted by Hello

He had just said "mama" and was looking for a new page, but you can still see the 'm'. Posted by Hello

"O" Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's really saying all those words? He's so smart! You really must be reading lots of stories if he is beginning to antiipate the next page! So tell me, so you need some new ones? Love you all,
MOM

Periwinkle Jen said...

He loves stories and we don't have that many.

Erin said...

Kay, so I'm still pretty new at this whole baby thing.. but uh... dude, I'm thinking that's a pretty smart kiddo ya got there. Both the letter/picture recognition and the anticipation of what's on the next page are amazing and WAY ahead of the game, aren't they?

Periwinkle Jen said...

I have no idea what "normal" is. I think it's amazing, but I think everything he does is amazing. Even if he was 2 and doing the same things I would think he is amazing. After all he started out not doing much at all, so everything he does I have seen him learn.