Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

What's for Dinner?

I have about 6 cookbooks, I basically use one. I like the recipes, they are easy to follow and taste good. When you use one cookbook most of the time it doesn't take long to go through all the recipes(over and over again). I started feeling like I was making the same meals too much, so I started looking on the web for more interesting things to make. That's how I found All Recipes. I like it for several reasons. One, it's free:) I like free. Two you can search different ways. I like to search by ingredients myself. They even offer several different printing layouts so you can have a full sheet or have it fit a recipe card(4x6 or 3x5). I thought that was cool. They also have a list of categories at the bottom including holidays, fast and easy, kids, vegetarian and healthy living. There are lots more categories you can check out for yourself:-) There are ads, but what free site doesn't have ads?! I think you just toon them out after a while. Anyway, if you're looking to expand your recipe index it's got some good ones.

2 comments:

One Tweet Thing said...

This is so exciting! I'm so happy you linked to this recipe site because I've always thought that you should be able to search by ingredient (sadly enough - I've thought this because there are TONS of drink mixing sites that let you search by ingredient - yummmm, mixed drinks)

I've already bookmarked it.

Also, just because I'm posting anyway, can you update the Erin's blog link on the side to the new address? I read hers after yours :)

Periwinkle Jen said...

I'm glad you like the site. I thought you might especially since they have a whole section called "low carb".
Thanks for pointing out the outdated link...I guess I forgot to change it. Oops! It's all fixed now:)