Monday, August 22, 2005
$53.11!!!
OH MY GOSH! I just paid $53.11 for a tank of gas. I think I am going to go out and buy a couple horses and a covered wagon tomorrow. Do you realize that if gas prices go up at the same rate as the past 2 years, then 2 years from now I will be paying $100 for one tank of gas?! That's craziness.



6 comments:
I paid $30 yesterday to fill up the Jetta. That's CRAZY. I'm SO putting off the SUV thing as long as I POSSIBLY can.
I KNOW.. We paid 54 bucks yesterday.
Of course, with the price of hourses, movies and gas, I'm thinkin' of going Aumish.
OMG! I was just listening to a program on NPR where the speaker was mentioning a possible gas tax to force us into conserving gasoline, making our prices for gas like Europe (think DOUBLED). Except...I don't have a subway system and the suburbs don't make for great conservation. It's hard to WALK anywhere. Hmmm...maybe it's time to hook up a wagon to the back of my husband's bike. I can tote groceries and diapers in back.
If we DID use bikes with wagons attached to do our shopping and errands, we wouldn't be the fattest country in the world for much loner, would we?
I pretty much live in an area where a car is the only way to go and nothing is very close. Although one summer I wrecked my car and had to ride my bike. I was in AWESOME shape.
But horses? EXPENSIVE!!
Welcome to my world. We pay at least $75 to gas up our Suburban! Needless to say, we don't drive it much!
Erin R.
Post a Comment