::Warning-stream of consciousness::
Ryan will turn two at the end of the month. I am not sure what to do for his birthday. Last year we just did family. This year he is more aware and able to interact with his friends a little bit, so I'm considering a friend party. I want to invite 2 MAYBE 3 kids because after all they are toddlers and a room full of toddlers that I have to entertain just scares me. The problem is I don't know what to do. Do I have them here? Chuck E. Cheese? I was thinking about going somewhere with trains or fire trucks because he likes them so much, but would that be more like a play date than a party? Maybe we could go bowling...we'll just send the kids down the ally to knock the pins down;-) I think I learned my lesson about inviting adults to a kids party when I did that with Zach. I think the adults were just bored. So I think just parents of kids at the party. I guess that means I have a separate party for family? Where and when do I do that? OY!



5 comments:
Good question... Gymboree does b-day parties and I hear they are a blast. Chuck E. Cheese is always fun too. Then again, so is a cookout and backyard for kiddos to run around in. So you could do the party at your house, invite family AND friends w/ toddlers. ;)
(if you need any help, let me know... you know, if you do decide to invite friends and their toddlers - hey, that's me!- I'd be more than happy to bring some things or help set up...or make some cute invites or or... yeah, you get the picture) ;)
Of course Ben is invited. I asked Ryan who he wanted to invite and Ben was the first name he said:-) I was actually surprised he even knew what I was asking, but he really seemed to understand. It went a little something like this:
Do you want to have a birthday party?
YES
Do you want to invite friends?
YES
Who do you want to invite?
Friend Ben, Jason
"Friend Ben." How cute! You've got lots of ideas, you just need to decide how much energy you have to put into this. I think you are right to 'think small.' At Ryan's age, too many people is just too much. Have fun!
SUGGESTION NUMBER ONE:
Like with his father at age two, as well as his Aunt Bee and Uncle Ben, invite about three of Ryan's friends about the same age to participate in about six or seven creative activities/games in your back yard or living room with Ryan and conclude with ice cream and cake in a birthday party taking no more than 90 minutes total time. Have at least one activity involve making a party favor to be taken home by the guests. Avoid opening presents, unless curious parents are present, until after guests leave. If needed, consult his grandmommy for some possible activities/games taking up no more than ten minutes each. Also, involve Zachary as a helper but not a participant, if he is not in school that day, so he does not feel left out.
Whatever you decide to do, just have fun with your son. Those are the memories you want him to keep.
Post a Comment