Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Lion King

The Lion King was great. The costumes were the best I've ever seen. The way they made those animals walk, prance, run, etc. was amazing. I think the best part about the costumes is that they didn't try to hide the people in them. Whatever parts of the people playing the animals worked with that animal they use for the animal, but the rest just kind of blended by wearing the same color. It might be one of those things you have to see for yourself to really know what I'm talking about, but trust me the costumes were impressive. Most of the costumes didn't cover the faces of the actors at all. The hyenas faces were hidden a little bit, but still visible. I think having the faces visible added to the characters because the facial expressions of a human face just can't be replicated with a mask very well.
I loved the way they used people dressed as scenery(grass, plants, etc) to create the illusion of big motion on a smallish stage. The whole thing was just amazing. It's a great show. No wonder the matinees sold out so fast. I wish we could have brought the kids.

No comments: